The Memorial Foundation is comprised of the following groups:
- Honor Guard
- Law Enforcement Training / Education
- Critical Incident Stress Management Training
- Line of Duty Death & Family Assistance
The Washington State Fraternal Order of Police Memorial Foundation is dedicated to the aid of any law enforcement member, agency or family to assist during and after the exposure of a Critical Incident, so that they can return to their former level of function as soon as possible after traumatic event.
Further, we promote goodwill and well being among law enforcement personnel and their family by providing pre incident training and education as a means of preparing for the trauma of being involved in those incidents.
We will provide assistance to the family and agency that experiences the loss of an officer in the line of duty by having trained members that will assist in a host of duties not limited to funeral arrangement, notifications and coordination with the agency and family. We will cooperate and network with victim's assistance programs such as Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) that are advocating support for law enforcement officers and their families.
As members of the Washington State Fraternal order of Police Memorial Foundation,
- We VALUE human life and dignity.
- We VALUE integrity and professional standards of ethical conduct.
- We VALUE our members, their ideas, participation, and their individual contributions.
- We VALUE the people involved in law enforcement and the sacrifices that they and their families make to society.
- We ARE committed to providing the highest quality of service.
- We ARE committed to treating with confidentiality and information we may learn during our capacity as a member of this foundation.
- We ARE committed to the Fraternal Order of Police and the Law Enforcement Profession and it's members.
Often our police officers are faced with critical life threatening events that may cause enormous stress or may end in paying the ultimate sacrifice. When that happens the Memorial Foundation will offer help to the law enforcement officers and their families in the state of Washington.
For those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice we honor and remember them annually on:
Peace Officer's Memorial Day
To donate to the Washington State FOP Memorial Foundation send donations directly to our mailing address:
Washington FOP Memorial Foundation
2839 W. Kennewick Ave. PMB 356
Kennewick, WA. 99336
We thank you for your donations and the assistance it will bring to help our families.
Page Last Updated: Jan 19, 2010 (16:56:00)